Business Development Asia (“BDA”) is pleased to announce that its client Vinh Hoan Corporation (“VHC”) has signed an agreement with Pilmico Foods Corporation (“Pilmico”) for the sale of Vinh Hoan 1 Feed JSC (“VHF”). VHF is the fourth largest aqua feed producer in Vietnam. Founded in 2007, VHF operates a 130,000 tons per year aqua feed facility, primarily producing fish feed for pangasius. Pangasius is a freshwater catfish which is cultivated extensively throughout SE Asia, and exported globally. VHF’s R&D team operates a pilot farm facility to continuously improve pangasius health and productivity.
Pilmico will acquire an initial 70% equity stake in VHF and will purchase the remaining 30% within five years at a pre-agreed price. The transaction is expected to close in July 2014.
BDA acted as the exclusive financial advisor to VHC and other shareholders of VHF.
BDA Deal Team
Paul DiGiacomo, Managing Director
Simon Kavanagh, Managing Director
Allan Leung, Senior Associate
Apinun Narkhan, Analyst
Huong Nguyen, Analyst
About Vinh Hoan Corporation
Founded in 1997 and listed on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HOSE: VHC), Vinh Hoan Corporation is a leading producer and exporter of pangasius fish in Vietnam. VHC has operations in feed milling, farming, processing, byproducts and exporting. VHC’s expertise is in the production of high quality pangasius fillet and high value-added pangasius-derived products such as collagen and gelatin. VHC exports its products to various countries across North America, Europe and Asia. www.vinhhoan.com.vn
About Pilmico Foods Corporation
Pilmico Foods Corporation, the food subsidiary of Aboitiz Equity Ventures (PSE: AEV), is one of The Philippines’ largest flour milling companies. Since 1962 the company has been providing world-class wheat flour and wheat by-products and has been ranked among the top three domestic flour producers in the country. In 1998, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Pilmico Animal Nutrition Corporation, the company entered into animal feed and swine production. Equipped with technical expertise and an excellent herd health care program, the company has grown into a strong player in the production of high nutrition animal feeds and swine production. www.pilmico.com
Business Development Asia LLC (“BDA”) is a leader in cross-border investment banking. BDA advises on M&A, capital raising, and restructuring. BDA has been consistently owned and managed by the same team since 1996. BDA has a track record of providing independent advice to blue-chip corporate and financial sponsor clients from North America, Europe and Asia. BDA was named M&A Advisory Firm of the Year at The ACG Champion’s Awards in 2014. BDA is headquartered in New York with offices in London, Bahrain, Mumbai, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Seoul and Tokyo. BDA formed a partnership with William Blair & Company in 2011. BDA carries out its US securities business through BDA Advisors Inc., a broker-dealer registered with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and a member of FINRA and SIPC. www.bdapartners.com
For more information regarding this transaction, please contact Paul DiGiacomo at +84 (8) 6288 8755 or Simon Kavanagh on +852 3698 1700