2022 1月 28
BDA promotes 28 bankers and staff
BDA Partners is pleased to announce the following promotions for 2022, across our nine offices worldwide.
BDA named two new Partners:
• Huong Trinh, Head of BDA Ho Chi Minh City, is promoted to Partner. Huong joined BDA in 2018. She has a strong track record in investment banking, due diligence, valuation and market entry advisory. She is a pioneer in the Vietnam M&A ecosystem, and has contributed significantly to building BDA’s market leadership in Vietnam. She has originated and executed sell-side and buy-side transactions in Consumer, Logistics, Pharma, and Industrials. She has represented clients including Con Cung, Dovina, Duy Tan, Kim Dental, Navis, ThiPha Cable, and Seedcom. She holds a Master’s (Distinction) in International Business from the University of Dundee, UK and a Bachelor’s (First Class) from the Foreign Trade University of Vietnam. She is fluent in Vietnamese and English.
• Claus Hansen-Damm, Chief Operating Officer, based in London, is promoted to Partner. Claus joined BDA in 2017, since when he has driven growth across BDA’s markets and sectors, and led our administrative teams, developing best-in-class reporting, regulatory, IT, HR, compliance and marketing systems and controls. He has two decades’ experience in strategy, consulting and operations with investment banks and financial services firms. He worked previously at Boston Consulting Group, Barclays, Oliver Wyman, Roland Berger and Grant Thornton. He holds a Bachelor’s in Business and Modern Languages from Copenhagen Business School, and a Master’s in Management from ESCP Europe. He is fluent in English, French, and Danish.
BDA announced three new Managing Directors:
• Anindita (Andi) Das, Singapore. Andi joined BDA in 2018. She leads our Tech sector practice in SE Asia, advising clients such as Baring Private Equity Asia, Niometrics, and Platinum Equity.
• Jason Song, Shanghai. Jason joined BDA in 2006. He has worked across Asia and globally for clients including BASF, CR Bard, Henkel, International Paper, Magna, and Mars.
• Toshiaki Yokohara, Tokyo. Toshi joined BDA in 2006. He works in Advanced Manufacturing, Auto and Chemicals, interacting closely with Development Bank of Japan. He has advised clients including CITIC Capital, Furukawa Electric, J-Star, Sojitz, and Zoetis.
BDA promoted five new Directors:
- Brian Lee, Tokyo / Seoul
- Phuoc Pham, Ho Chi Minh City
- Ruari Sinclair, London
- Pius Sutopo, Singapore
- Claire Zhen, Shanghai
BDA promoted seven VPs:
- Stephen Etna, New York
- Fengnu Ge, Shanghai
- Aditya Jaju, Mumbai
- Sangbin Kim, Seoul
- Dzung Le, London
- Chihoon Oh, Seoul
- Yen Pham, Ho Chi Minh City
BDA also made 11 junior promotions across its offices.
Euan Rellie, Managing Partner, New York, said: “Congratulations to these esteemed colleagues on their promotions. This has been a period of rapid growth for BDA. The well-deserved recognition is the result of good work through a busy and challenging period, and uncompromised dedication to high quality service delivery on behalf of our clients. It’s exciting to see people building long-term careers at BDA. Thank you to them, and our clients, and to all our partners and counterparties.”
Andrew Huntley, Managing Partner, HCMC/London, added: “We have achieved great transaction results for our clients over the past year. That wouldn’t have been possible without hard work by our colleagues, across all our offices, collaboratively. Our teams are getting extensive deal experience, and we’re working relentlessly to do the best work we possibly can do. We are grateful to all of our colleagues.”
Paul DiGiacomo, Managing Partner, Hong Kong, said: “BDA is dedicated to growing the best team in all our markets, to support our high quality client base. We’ve made significant strides forward, despite often chaotic market conditions through the pandemic. Banker by banker, we’re building an excellent organisation. We’re confident that these professionals will drive outstanding outcomes for BDA clients in 2022 and beyond.”