Vice President at BDA Tokyo
Role of the Vice President
BDA Partners is seeking a highly motivated Vice President (VP) for its Tokyo office. BDA provides an excellent opportunity to work with high profile clients in cross-border deals involving Asia across selected sectors focusing on sellside, buyside and capital raising.
Successful candidates will be playing a leading role in developing our sector-based practices, working on both origination, pitching and execution across several live transactions.
As well as understanding M&A structures, techniques, and processes, VP’s are expected to actively develop new clients and credentials while actively participating in sector calls and related marketing activities.
Successful candidates will support deal teams with a wide variety of tasks around our M&A advisory mandates. In particular, a VP’s work will typically cover the following:
- Leading deal teams
- Client, target, and counterparty management
- Transaction process design and implementation
- Preparation of marketing materials
- Structuring valuation
- Management of due diligence and negotiation process
- Effectively and efficiently marshalling junior bankers to produce high quality work
- Supporting origination efforts of BDA’s Partners and MDs
- Leading new business development / origination efforts
- Networking with industry contacts, lawyers, and advisors to source new business
Essential (‘Core’) Competencies
- Minimum 4-5 years M&A advisory experience in an investment bank
- A track record of originating, executing, and closing M&A transactions in an advisory capacity – please submit a deal sheet with resume
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both English and Japanese
- Strong quantitative and accounting skills; demonstrates superior analytical ability, providing proven analytical frameworks for junior bankers
- Skilled at managing relationships with clients; assumes role of day-to-day contact of the client for questions and other deal-related matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, a team player, organized and attention to detail
- Ability to gain both client and team member’s trust
- High level of creative thinking – offers creative, insightful resolution to issues arising in execution and origination problems
- Experience and knowledge in Japan
- Willingness to travel
Interested candidates should submit a brief cover letter and a CV to Tokyo Recruit.
All information received will be kept in strict confidence and used only for employment-related purposes. Unfortunately, given the number of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Leading deal teams