Financial Sponsors Coverage
BDA has been a trusted partner to the private equity community in Asia for more than 25 years assisting investors to source and exit investments, and to help grow their portfolio companies through raising capital and assisting on growth strategies and bolt-on M&A
We have one of the largest dedicated financial sponsor practices among M&A advisers, with coverage bankers in each of our markets, and are one of the leading advisers to financial sponsors on their trade sale exits in Asia.
We are proud of the fact that the vast majority of those clients who have worked with us once, continue to work with us. We believe that speaks to the quality of the advice and service that we provide.
We also organize an annual Asian PE conference which brings together leading private companies in Asia and financial sponsors for senior level discussions. This event has become recognized as a source of deal flow to sponsors, and of significant value to help to private companies to connect with potential investors. Each year we help connect over 50 private companies and more than 300 senior level PE investors.
Managing Partner, Head of Financial Sponsors Group
Private Capital Advisory (PCA)
Our Private Capital Advisory (PCA) team works closely with our financial sponsors coverage and sector bankers to provide additional insights and creative solutions for our clients. As such, BDA PCA is focused on advising financial sponsors and their (institutional) investors on liquidity solutions through secondary transactions in the private equity markets, including:
- GP-led secondaries
- Single- and multi-asset continuation vehicles
- Fund restructurings and recapitalizations
- Strip sales
- Tender offers
- LP-led secondaries
- Preferred equity and other structured solutions
Dominik Woessner, CFA
Managing Director, Head of Private Capital Advisory (PCA) Secondaries
The 2023 BDA PE Conference: The premier Asian deal networking event for PE investors
Senior PE investors
bn $ of EV
bn $ of dry power
The BDA Private Equity Conference
In October 2023, BDA hosted its 5th annual Private Equity Conference in Singapore. The event featured 42 presenting companies, with 120 GPs and investors in attendance. The BDA PE Conference is a premier event for the Asian private equity community and provides a platform for private companies and investors to network.
Highlights of the event:
- BDA facilitated over 600 one-on-one meetings between private companies and senior PE investors. These meetings allowed attendees to engage in in-depth discussions, foster connections, and identify potential opportunities.
- The event featured presenting companies representing aggregate enterprise value in excess of US$10bn, and investors managing dry powder in excess of US$50bn.
- During the conference industry leaders participated in a GP-led secondaries panel discussion. The panel included Dominik Woessner, CFA, who is the Head of PCA Secondaries at BDA, along with other notable experts in the field, Amit Gupta of TPG Newquest, Dominic Goh of HarbourVest, and Sanjay Chakrabarty of Capital Square Partners.
Paul DiGiacomo, Managing Partner and Head of the Financial Sponsors Group, BDA Partners, said: “We are proud to partner with the Asian PE community and believe our conference delivers unique value to both financial sponsors and private company founders and management teams. We launched our inaugural Japan PE Conference in November 2023, and expect to do so in India in H1 2024. We continue to invest to help us better serve the interest of sponsors across Asia.”