29 November 2022
2022 China Consumer & Retail Investment Forum
BDA Partners and OC&C Strategy Consultants jointly hosted the 2022 China Consumer and Retail Investment Forum in Shanghai. It was a great success. The Forum focused on Consumer and Retail investment opportunities for the post-COVID economy. Senior executives from leading multinational corporations, state-owned and private enterprises, as well as private equity firms, attended our inaugural event. The latest report 2022 China Consumer & Retail Investment Forum has captured all the insights of the Forum.
- Rising personal health awareness drives consumer demand for nutritional food and wearable devices
- Pre-cooked food becomes a new lifestyle trend in the “singles’ economy”
- Value-for-money purchasing behaviour in a slow economy drives demand for discount retail and second-hand luxury products
- Supply chain businesses exhibit strong resilience, in spite of downstream customers experiencing significant volatility
- PE investments focus on business sustainability and cash flow generation, rather than purely on growth
About BDA Partners
BDA Partners is the global investment banking advisor for Asia. We are a premium provider of Asia-related advice to sophisticated clients globally, with over 25 years’ experience advising on cross-border M&A, capital raising, and financial restructuring. We provide global reach with our teams in New York and London, and true regional depth through our seven Asian offices in Mumbai, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, and Tokyo. BDA has deep expertise in the Chemicals, Consumer & Retail, Health, Industrials, Services and Technology sectors. We work relentlessly to earn our clients’ trust by delivering insightful advice and outstanding outcomes.
BDA Partners has strategic partnerships with William Blair, a premier global investment banking business, and with DBJ (Development Bank of Japan), a Japanese Government-owned bank with US$150bn of assets. bdapartners.com
22 May 2023
Breaking down barriers: The rise of private equity in Vietnam
The private equity (PE) landscape in Vietnam is becoming increasingly attractive...
10 May 2023
The luxury market in China is roaring again
As we approach the halfway point in 2023, it’s clear that the luxury...
27 April 2023
Solar in ASEAN; plugging the gap
Solar energy in ASEAN presents a compelling investment opportunity for...
14 February 2023
China Private Equity Report 2023
China’s private equity (“PE”) industry faced strong headwinds in...