16 November 2023
Cooling-as-a-Service: Decarbonisation by Servitisation
One of the most promising shifts for decarbonisation is the introduction of “Cooling-as-a-Service” or “CaaS”. With temperatures rising globally, temperature cooling has never been as important but comes with a significant environmental footprint. Outsourcing cooling to a third party directly incentivises these service providers to provide service as efficiently and environmentally friendly as possible and design a better, less carbon-intensive cooling infrastructure.
- The carbon footprint of the “built environment” already represents ~26% of global CO2 emissions and will continue to become more significant without fundamental change
- The CaaS model allows the service provider to assume full responsibility for the design and investment ownership required for the cooling installation and related equipment, associated energy and water consumption, and it’s operation, maintenance and optimisation
- The service provider is accountable for achieving specific metrics while charging at a fixed price
- The client is only responsible for ensuring a consistent supply of electricity and water to the equipment
- The CaaS provider is therefore directly incentivised to install and/or run the equipment in the most efficient way possible
Download the full report for more insight regarding CaaS and its potential impact on decarbonisation
Sources: United Nations, Global Change Data Lab, IEA, The Economist
About BDA Partners
BDA Partners is the global investment banking advisor for Asia. We are a premium provider of Asia-related advice to sophisticated clients globally, with over 25 years’ experience advising on cross-border M&A, capital raising, and financial restructuring. We provide global reach with our teams in New York and London, and true regional depth through our seven Asian offices in Mumbai, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, and Tokyo. BDA has deep expertise in the Chemicals, Consumer & Retail, Health, Industrials, Services, Sustainability and Technology sectors. We work relentlessly to earn our clients’ trust by delivering insightful advice and outstanding outcomes.
BDA Partners has strategic partnerships with William Blair, a premier global investment banking business, and with DBJ (Development Bank of Japan), a Japanese Government-owned bank with US$150bn of assets. bdapartners.com
13 November 2023
The connection between ESG and value creation
Ruari Sinclair, Director, BDA Partners, shares his insights with Morrison...
18 October 2023
Huong Trinh on VIR: M&A still in vogue despite economic headwinds
Huong Trinh, Partner and Head of Ho Chi Minh City at BDA Partners, shares...
6 October 2023
A regional perspective on Vietnam
5 reasons why the future is bright in Vietnam
4 July 2023
Turning on the tap for water investment
BDA Partners has significant experience across the water M&A spectrum...